How To Choose A Wheelchair For Your Dog
Step 1. Evaluate your dog. This step will help you determine which design is best suited for your dog’s needs. Click here for evaluation guidance.
Step 2. Measure your dog. Click here for instructions for proper measurements.
Step 3. Wheelchair descriptions can be found below. Follow the link on each to proceed with ordering your Ruff Rollin’ Dog Wheelchair!
REAR SUPPORT WHEELCHAIR:
- The Rear Support dog wheelchair is for dogs with weakness in rear legs. Your dog should have good front leg strength.
- Benefits dogs in early stages of Degenerative Myelopathy, Arthritis, or general old age.
- Dogs with total rear paralysis from injury or trauma, as well as dog in need of rehabilitation after surgery can also benefit.
FRONT SUPPORT WHEELCHAIR:
- The Front Support wheelchair is for dogs with weakness in front legs. Dog must be strong in rear legs.
- Benefits young dogs born with congenital deformities or amputations.
- If there is a question as to whether your dog is strong enough in rear legs, we might suggest a Full Support Wheelchair for your dog.
FULL SUPPORT WHEELCHAIR:
- The Full Support wheelchair is for dogs who need rear, front and mid-section support due to weakness in all four limbs.
- Benefits dog with neurological disorders, such as cerebellar hypoplasia.
- Can also benefit dogs with Wobbler’s, Stroke, and Congenital Defects.